If your trying to assign a phone number to your user, but you get a blank drop down, then you currently do not have any phone number blocks stored in your tenant. This article will help you through the steps to accomplish this.
What is the Phone Number section?: The Phone Number section is where you enter in your phone number ranges, so we can help you keep track of what numbers are available and which are already configured in the Microsoft Phone System.
Since you are already logged in, let's go to the Phone Numbers section on the left.
You will have to already know your number blocks or check your phone system to identify which number blocks your company owns.
In our example we have the number block 6165551200 with a 100 numbers total.
- When we enter the starting number it in to the Trifecta portal, we will want to be sure to add the +.
- We have 100 numbers, so we enter 100 into the range area.
- Our number block is from Grand Rapids, Michigan, so we will put that as our location.
- Now we click 'Add Number' to save our changes.
- Lastly, click Sync. This is just in case we have any existing users programmed in O365 with any these numbers. If so, then the system will pull the used numbers from the pool.
Now when we go to configure our user, we will see a list of our available numbers.